IT Consulting reveals the direction your technology needs to take, along with the processes, in order to support your business strategy, and streamline your business, and scale for growth.
All technology used in your business needs to be viewed as the tools that automate your business processes. Your business technology must obtain better intelligence, create more time, and achieve greater outcomes.
If You Fail to Plan, You Plan to Fail
Nothing fails as spectacularly as having no plan. Unfortunately, many IT companies fail at planning for their clients. Most have a love of gadgets and technology that makes their job easier, but often at the expense of their client's business. They forget to (or don’t know how to) design a technology plan that improves business processes and supports the long-term business strategy.
"The sole purpose of strategic planning is to enable the company to gain, as effectively as possible, a sustainable edge over its competitors."
Kenichi Ohmae, Business and Corporate Strategist
It is crucial that you look for a well-designed technology plan that has, at its very core, a foundation that will:
- Streamline your business processes.
- Support your business strategy and growth.
- Enable you to stay ahead of your competition.
An IT Consultant is Not a Techie or a Salesperson
Most techies and salespeople in the IT industry do not have a depth of understanding in either technology design or business strategy. Both are essential. They may be able to sell you the latest and greatest gadgets. However, the latest and greatest technology may not be beneficial for your business.
When you are seeking advice for your business IT, you need to talk to an experienced Business Process Analyst.
An IT Consultant is a Business Process Analyst
A Business Process Analyst is someone who:
- Understands business strategy and processes.
- Applies technology design standards and principles.
- Commits to The 5 Disciplines of IT ™.
- Steps into the IT Director/CIO and CSO (Chief Security Officer) position in your business.
Look for a Business Process Analyst who has a solid record for designing streamlined systems for successful outcomes. They will focus on understanding your business and correctly determine the technology required for best ROI, robustness and success.
IT Consulting Takes Intelligence and Time
IT consulting is not a process completed over a quick coffee or in a one-hour sales meeting. It starts with two-part intelligence gathering over the course of a few weeks (or longer if required). During this time our Business Process Analyst, and other members of our team will:
- Meet your management team to discuss your goals and objectives, and strategies to achieve them.
- Carry out system audits to determine the current status of your technology and business processes.
Once intelligence gathering is completed, our Business Process Analyst designs a technology strategy tailored specifically to your business.
This client focused consulting process requires a depth of understanding and investment of time that is uncommon in most IT companies.
However, we know that in this complex digital world, your business survival hinges on having a robust technology strategy. This is why we take our position as your IT Director/CIO and CSO very seriously. We understand the importance of working to disciplined standards from the very beginning.
IT Consulting Includes Auditing Your Current Technology
You cannot change what you do not know. You will not know, if you fail to inspect and measure. It is necessary to fully understand the current condition in order to move forward.
System audits identify the current status, deficiencies, standards and risks which impact on your business. Once known, the risks can be minimised, and the deficiencies and standards (or lack thereof) can be boldly tackled. The outcome is to give you certainty about the direction and continuity of your IT system.
This then leads onto the design and implementation of the necessary technology which supports your business strategy moving forward.
All failures are failures in standards.
All too often, business owners take it for granted that their technology is okay, until they discover that it isn't. And when things go wrong, the cost is often much more than just the IT repair bill.
Depending on the timing of an incident, negatives outcomes from that incident may include:
- The permanent loss of data and emails.
- Lost productivity (employees, production, etc.).
- Lost sales and opportunities.
- Ransom payments, compliance fines, and other unexpected financial costs.
- Irreversible damage to your brand and business reputation.
Sabre IT has spent years researching and understanding the principles and standards necessary to be of value to our clients at a strategy level. All benefits and risks of IT are one way or another linked to the Five Disciplines of IT ™.
Our Range of Audits
We offer a range of targeted audits designed to assess and reveal risks and provide clarity for your business IT. Our audits are based on tried and true standards, and include:
- System Audits
- Backup Audits
- Security Audits
- Policy Audits
- Forensic Audits
- Power Protection Audits
- Custom Audits
Sample Questions for System Audits
- Does your system have hidden weaknesses that could cripple your business? If they are hidden, how would you know?
- How can you calculate the impact of risks you don’t know exist?
- Who do you rely upon to advise you on your business technology?
- What experience do they have?
- What do they know about streamlining or business strategy?
- Why would you rely on an IT technician or salesman for advice that impacts your business strategy, competitiveness, and the success or failure of your business?
- If you have fraud occurring in your business, how will you know?